Perkins Coie represents individuals, candidates, parties, political committees, lobbyists, corporations, trade associations and tax-exempt organizations seeking to effectively engage in political activity.
As the creative pioneer of modern political law and as one of the largest practices of its kind in the country, Perkins Coie is known for its innovative approach to campaign financing, exceptional record of election-related litigation, and knowledge and experience in corporate political activity. Areas of counsel include:
- Political Parties, Campaigns and Committees
- Corporate Political Activity and Regulation
- Voting Rights and Election Administration
- Tax-Exempt Organizations
Perkins Coie attorneys distinguish themselves in their bigger picture perspectives of the political system and the depth of understanding of their clients’ needs. Our political law team has as their sole focus the political arena and they have built a reputation for excelling in oral and written communications and their dedication to clients.
Political Law Practice Scope and Clients
We regularly represent clients before the Federal Election Commission on issues related to rulemaking, advisory opinions and enforcement processes, and we seek the most constructive possible approaches to address our clients’ challenges and concerns.
Our daily work with members of Congress provides valuable insights into the machinations of government—our focus is full time in this arena of ever-evolving law and regulatory requirements. During the decades in which we have advised clients on how to establish and maintain a central, vibrant role in the political process, Perkins Coie attorneys have represented such interests as:
- Political parties and affiliated committees at the national, state and local levels
- Political candidates and elected officials
- Individuals and committees of individuals
- PACs and Super PACs
- Tax-exempt organizations, nonprofits,social welfare groups and public charities
- Nonpartisan issue groups
- Trade associations and other commercial interests
- Lobbyists and lobbying firms
Perkins Coie political law attorneys leverage the firmwide resources of a full-service Am Law 50 national firm.