Rebecca H. Gordon counsels corporations, trade associations, lobbying firms and other entities on the entire spectrum of legal issues that impact their ability to interact with and impact federal and state governments. These include federal Lobbying Disclosure Act registration and reporting requirements, federal campaign finance law, federal and state laws governing the provision of meals, entertainment, and other things of value to public officials, state and local lobbying law, and federal and state pay-to-play laws.
Rebecca works closely with clients’ legal and government relations teams, counseling them on all aspects of their interactions with candidates and government officials. Rebecca helps her clients construct and implement compliance programs to fit each one’s unique structure and culture. She counsels on campaign finance and congressional ethics matters and helps organizations interested in creating and operating their own PACs. Rebecca knows how to prioritize issues for those active in the political process, drawing upon years of experience as counsel to countless political campaigns, federal officeholders and party committees.
Rebecca's clients include Fortune 100 corporations, nationwide trade associations and prominent lobbying firms. She has particular depth advising clients in the technology, health care, media and entertainment and oil and gas sectors. Rebecca has found that her clients maximize the value of their work when they clearly understand the strategies and recommendations for effective, lawful political participation. Her counsel focuses on accessible advice that extends beyond merely reciting the law and provides practical guidance that allows clients to more easily make informed decisions.
Rebecca is the co-editor of fifth edition of The Lobbying Manual, an ABA publication that offers a complete guide to federal lobbying law and practice.
- Ranked by Chambers USA as "America's Leading Lawyers," in Government: Political Law, 2013 - 2019
- Named by Washingtonian Magazine as a "Top Lawyer" for campaign and election law
- Listed in Washington D.C. Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star," 2015
- American Bar Association
- 2017 Lobbying Institute, Program Co-Chair for half-day conference
- Task Force on Federal Lobbying Laws, Co-Chair
- Legislative Process and Lobbying Committee of Administrative Law Section, Chair, 2007 - 2009
- Practising Law Institute Corporate Political Activities Seminar, Faculty