Perkins Coie's summer associate program provides varied work and training opportunities as well as social events designed to promote interaction among summer associates, attorneys and staff.
Our summer associate program is our primary source of new associate hires. We principally recruit second-year law students and occasionally hire pre-clerkship third-year law students for our domestic offices.
The associate's journey at Perkins Coie begins with an extensive orientation, training, and mentorship program designed to integrate new associates into our firm and instill in them our values. Training is often hands-on: unlike many large law firms, we expect our associates to accept significant responsibility early in their law firm careers. We are not highly leveraged, which means that associates receive significant direct client and partner contact and many opportunities to assume leadership roles within the firm.
$25,000 2L Diversity Fellowship
As part of the firm’s 2022 summer program and in support of our recruitment goals, Perkins Coie is pleased to offer a $25,000 fellowship to historically underrepresented 2L students. This program is an extension of our longstanding 1L Diversity Fellows program. Students of color, students who identify as LGBTQ+ and students with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Law Students
- Job Listings
- B4 OCI: Get the Real Story
- Offices Hiring Summer Associates
- Practice Groups Hiring Summer Associates
- 1L Opportunities
- 2L Diversity Fellowship
- Recruiting Contacts
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Women In Leadership
- Mansfield 4.0 Certification
- Diverse Voices—Listen to diverse attorneys candidly discuss what it is like to work—and succeed—in BigLaw.
- Optimizing Your Summer and Future Employment Opportunities—Our speakers offer concrete advice on how you can use your time this summer to become the “preferred candidate” employers describe in their job postings.
Real Advantage Resources
- Optimizing Your Summer & Your Future Employment Opportunities
- Developing Your Future Network
- Writing Your Best Possible Resume
- How to Choose the Right Firm for You
- Ten Steps to Effective Informational Interviewing
- How do you distinguish yourself during the coveted call-back interview? Perkins Coie shares its top 10 tips.