Dr. Vinay Sathe is an associate with the firm's Intellectual Property practice. His practice emphasizes patent prosecution and patent litigation in wireless communications, mobile devices, telecommunications, software, semiconductors, digital signal processing and biomedical sensors and devices. He has an extensive background in various technical areas in electrical engineering, including active participation in several standards-setting organizations, including Moving Pictures Experts Group (MPEG) and US HDTV broadcast standard, and has worked at several communications companies in lead technology roles. Vinay worked as a patent agent focusing on software and wireless communication patents. He also has been a visiting lecturer at the Electrical Engineering (EE)/Computer Science(CS) department of the University of California at San Diego, teaching graduate and undergraduate classes in signal processing.
Additionally, Vinay is the co-inventor of two U.S. patents in the area of digital video processing.
- Commnexus, Digital Media Specialists Group, Co-Chair
- McDermott, Will & Emery, San Diego, CA, Associate, 2009 - 2011
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 2008
- California Institute of Technology, Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, 1991
- California Institute of Technology, M.S., Electrical Engineering, 1987
- Indian Institute of Technology, B.Tech., Electrical Engineering , 1986
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office