Trademark & Copyright |
A company's trademark and copyrights are the most important aspects of its brand. Perkins Coie's Trademark & Copyright practice works closely with clients to identify and protect the integrity of their brands to ensure they distinguish themselves from their competitors. We help clients develop intellectual property strategies and programs, identify and perfect intellectual property rights, and assert or defend these rights in court.
Our Trademark & Copyright practice group carefully manages more than 20,000 trademark filings and registrations for more than 950 clients in 150 countries across many industries. The group has registered more than 2,300 trademarks in the last two years. Whether you are a large company, midsize business, or an emerging growth company, we will protect the value of these important assets with efficiency.
In the area of trademarks, we focus on all aspects of domestic and international trademark work, including counseling, clearing trademarks for use, registration, licensing and enforcement. In addition, we have significant experience with domain name disputes and other Internet-related issues. In the area of copyrights, we protect and enforce copyrights through registration, counseling and agreements. We represent authors as well as companies and other organizations.
Our services include:
- Providing domestic and international trademark counseling, registration, renewal, and risk analysis;
- Prosecuting and defending oppositions, cancellations and appeals before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board;
- Enforcing and defending trademark rights worldwide;
- Providing copyright counseling, registration, clearance and protection;
- Managing Internet domain name and Web site issues;
- Providing counseling on unfair competition, false advertising and trade disparagement;
- Preparing and negotiating contracts relating to trademark licensing, merchandising, advertising, entertainment, publishing and rights of privacy and publicity;
- Conducting due diligence reviews and negotiation of trademark and copyright provisions related to corporate deals and financings.
The Trademark and Copyright Practice Group includes 12 lawyers and 11 paralegals with extensive experience in all areas of U.S. and international trademark prosecution, counseling and enforcement. The members of the Trademark and Copyright Practice Group provide high-quality legal services with a customer service focus, adapting to the specific needs and budget of each client, as well as their responsiveness, efficiency, and the practical focus of their advice.
Some of the group's recent recognition includes:
- Featured in World Trademark Review 1000, The World's Leading Trademark Professionals, 2012, 2013
- Ranked Tier 1 in the Seattle Market in Trademark Law by U.S. News "Best Law Firms" Survey 2011/2012
- Ranked as a Top Trademark Firm by Intellectual Property Today in 2009, 2010, 2012
- Ranked as one of the top 20 firms nationally for U.S. trademark filings in 2010 by Trademark Insider
- Ranked nationally for Trademark Prosecution by Managing IP in the 2009 World IP Survey
- Ranked regionally (West) for Trademark Prosecution by Managing IP in the 2009 World IP Survey