Sarah Taylor is an associate who focuses her practice on Trademark & Copyright and Intellectual Property law. Her practice centers on domestic and foreign trademark, copyright, and domain name counseling, prosecution and enforcement. Sarah has experience regarding trademark, brand and advertising clearance, registering and maintaining trademark and copyright registrations, as well as intellectual property rights enforcement against third-parties, including counterfeiters. Her experience extends to drafting licensing and related protection agreements, drafting cease-and-desist letters, negotiating settlements of intellectual property conflicts, securing the transfer of infringing domain names through arbitration proceedings, conducting comprehensive intellectual property due diligence in the context of corporate transactions, and preparing comprehensive brand protection strategies for a wide variety of clients.
Sarah has particular copyright counseling and registration experience. Sarah has registered copyrights in software, databases, Web sites, product guides, books and educational materials for large and small clients alike. She also assists clients in acquiring copyrights from independent contractors and counsels clients regarding the best practice for protecting their creative works.
- International Trademark Association, Academic Committee Member, 2010 - 2011, 2011 - 2012 Committee Terms
- Federal Trade Commission, Northwest Region, Seattle, WA, Intern, 2006
- Marchex Inc., Seattle, WA, Law Clerk, 2006
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2007
Managing Editor, Seattle University Law Review
- University of Nevada, B.S., Resource Economics, with high distinction, 2004