Kate Stetsko is an associate in the firm's Commercial Litigation and Bankruptcy practices concentrating on financial restructuring, bankruptcy and general commercial litigation. She has experience representing debtors, creditors and trustees in bankruptcy, including serving as debtor’s counsel in multiple complex Chapter 11 reorganizations.
Kate also has extensive experience with real estate workouts and litigation, including CMBS securitized loan workouts, and she has prosecuted foreclosure actions for commercial properties ranging from hotels, office buildings, and shopping centers to sports complexes and multi-unit residential complexes.
Kate has successfully petitioned for the appointment of dozens of receivers, prosecuted claims for breach of guaranties and defended against lender liability counterclaims. She has also negotiated non-judicial workouts and resolutions, including discounted payoffs, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, and loan modifications.
Kate represents franchisors in litigation related to trade secrets, Lanham Act claims, trademark and trade dress infringement, and covenants not to compete. She practices in both state and federal court, including consolidated and multi-district proceedings and has appellate litigation experience in both bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy matters.
Prior to her legal career, Kate managed product search technology at a national industrial distributor and handled product development for a Web-based marketing company.
- Listed as an "Illinois Rising Star" by Super Lawyers, 2012 - 2014
- Northwestern University School of Law, Bluhm Legal Clinic, Federal Appellate Clinic, 2007 - 2008
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2008
Associate Editor, Northwestern University Law Review
- Harvard College, A.B., Classics-Latin, magna cum laude, 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin