Firmwide Co-Chair, Interactive Entertainment Practice
Kirk Soderquist is a partner in the Technology Transactions & Privacy practice in the Seattle office of Perkins Coie and a Co-Chair of the Firm’s Interactive Entertainment practice. His practice is focused on intellectual property, technology licensing, digital media, entertainment, advertising and marketing law, and corporate finance. He represents emerging growth and established technology companies in the gaming, software, Internet, social networking, retail and advertising industries.
Kirk concentrates his practice in the Interactive Entertainment industry, representing publishers, developers, distributors, secondary marketplaces for the exchange of virtual goods, social networks and various game enhancement service providers. He has represented and counseled publishers and developers in connection with licensing game-related technology and intellectual property rights, software game development and publishing agreements, game distribution arrangements, the divestiture and acquisition of game assets, and technology-based strategic partnerships and collaborations.
- Selected for "40 Under 40," a profile of young leaders in the business community demonstrating vision and innovation, Puget Sound Business Journal, 2009
- Listed in Washington Law and Politics as a "Washington Rising Star," 2004, 2006 - 2007, 2009 - 2010
- The 5th Avenue Theatre, Board Member, 2001 - present
- NW Next, Board Member, 2011 - 2012
- Volunteer Advocates for Immigrant Justice, Pro Bono Attorney, 2005 - 2006
- Washington Academy of Performing Arts, Pro Bono Attorney, 2000 - 2005
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D., 1998
Editor-in-Chief, Willamette Law Review
- Willamette University, Atkinson Graduate School of Management, M.B.A., 1998
- Santa Clara University, B.S., Political Science and History, 1993