Judy Weiss, a partner in the firm's Business practice, focuses her practice on general corporate matters including business counseling, secured transactions, public and private offerings, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, the formation of entities and intellectual property matters including technology transfer, licensing, distribution agreements and R&D agreements. Her clients represent a broad range of industries, including the semiconductor, mining, retail and insurance sectors.
Judy has been recognized as one of "America's Leading Business Lawyers" for the past ten consecutive years by Chambers USA and is active in a variety of professional leadership organizations. In addition to her professional leadership roles, Judy is actively involved in community service, serving as a board member for Children's Action Alliance and a family advocate for Homeward Bound.
Judy is admitted to practice in the State of Arizona. She was also admitted to the New York State and Pennsylvania State Bars, where she has inactive status.
- Ranked by Chambers USA, as “America's Leading Business Lawyers", 2004 - 2013
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
(AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association
- Admitted to New York & Pennsylvania State Bar, Inactive
- Homeward Bound, Family Advocate
- Children's Action Alliance, Board of Directors
- Schnader, Harrison, Segal & Lewis, Philadelphia, PA, 1975 - 1993
- New York City Department of Social Services, 1974 - 1975
- New York City Public Schools, Office of Counsel to the Chancellor, 1974
- Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 1974
- University of Pennsylvania, B.S., 1970