Jason Day is a partner with the firm's Business practice. He focuses his practice on securities regulations and public offerings. Jason counsels public companies on Securities Exchange Act of 1934, NYSE and NASDAQ compliance and disclosure issues. Jason has reviewed and drafted numerous 1933 and 1934 Act filings. He also advises public company executives and boards regarding executive compensation, corporate governance, corporate finance, Sarbanes Oxley Act, Dodd-Frank Act and Section 16 compliance. Jason's securities experience also includes representation of issuers and underwriters in public securities offerings, including initial public offerings. He has also worked on spin-offs, PIPEs, 144A offerings, shelf registrations, private placements and tender offers.
In addition, Jason represents buyers and sellers in public and private company mergers and acquisitions. He also represents emerging companies in venture capital financing transactions and general corporate matters.
- Named a "Colorado Rising Star," by Super Lawyers, 2012 - 2013
- Listed in the Legal 500 under capital markets-equity offerings, 2011
- Colorado Bar Association Securities Law Section, Co-Chair, 2009 - 2011
- 2009 ACG Leadership Class
- Syracuse University College of Arts and Sciences, Board of Visitors
- Easter Seals of Colorado, Board of Directors
- Faegre & Benson LLP, Denver, CO, Partner
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., with honors, 2001
- Syracuse University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1998