Jim Cruger, a partner in Perkins Coie’s national Private Equity practice, concentrates his practice in the areas of mergers, acquisitions, formation of private investment vehicles and joint ventures. Jim has represented numerous private equity funds and public companies in transactions during his 28 year career. Public company representation has included Deutsche Post DHL, Leggett & Platt, Voyager Learning Company and Strategic Hotel Capital (NYSE). Fund representation has included SPO Partners, Intellectual Ventures, Wynnchurch Capital, LaSalle Capital, Code Hennessy & Simmons, Prospect Partners, Riverlake Equity Partners, Hilco Equity Partners, High Street Capital, Blue Point Equity Partners, and Explore Holdings.
- Ranked by Chambers USA, as "Leading Corporate M&A: Private Equity Lawyers", 2011 - present
- Listed in Illinois "Leading Lawyers"
- Named Best Lawyers' Chicago, "Venture Capital Law Lawyer of the Year," 2015
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2008 - Present: Corporate Law; Venture Capital Law
- Listed in Illinois Law & Politics, "Super Lawyers"
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1986
- Loras College, B.A., cum laude, 1983