Craig Boggs has more than 25 years of experience representing clients in a vast array of labor and employment issues.
Craig has extensive experience in successfully prosecuting and defending litigation matters involving temporary restraining orders and injunctions related to non-compete agreements, other restrictive covenants and trade secret misappropriation. Craig also routinely counsels employers on resolving such disputes amicably in advance of litigation and on drafting effective restrictive covenants and confidentiality policies.
Working on behalf of some of the largest corporations in America as well as small owner-operated businesses and midsize companies, Craig also specializes in litigation defense, including counsel on Title VII, FLSA, and NLRA cases in federal and state courts across the country. Through his litigation and negotiation skills, Craig is able to consistently achieve favorable outcomes for his clients. He also focuses his practice on union-related labor law issues, including litigating matters before the National Labor Relations Board, negotiating collective bargaining agreements, and advising clients involved in business transactions.
As a trusted advisor to several long-term clients, as well as new ones, Craig is often called upon to conduct sensitive internal investigations that range from allegations of employee misconduct and misappropriation of proprietary or confidential information to sensitive privacy breaches and data losses.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2012 - Present: Employment Law - Management; Employment Law - Individuals
- Listed in Illinois Law & Politics, "Super Lawyers"
- Ranked by Chambers USA, as "America's Leading Lawyers for Business," 2010
- Ranked by Chambers USA, as "America's Leading Employment Lawyers," 2011 - 2014
- Matkov, Salzman, Madoff & Gunn, Chicago, IL, Partner, 1996 - 2004
- Sachnoff & Weaver Ltd., Chicago, IL, Partner, 1992 - 1996
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Chicago, IL, Associate, 1988 - 1992
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1988
- University of Illinois, B.S., Accounting, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- Federal Tax Court