Tina Moss has more than 20 years of experience in bankruptcy, corporate restructuring and related litigation. Tina represents key stakeholders, including creditors' committees, secured and unsecured creditors, indenture trustees, equity holders, commercial landlords, Chapter 7 trustees, and liquidating trustees in all aspects of Chapter 11, Chapter 7, Chapter 15 and cross-border insolvency proceedings. She has litigated numerous bankruptcy and insolvency related issues, such as preferences and fraudulent transfers, director and officer liability, substantive consolidation, equitable subordination, claims disputes and plan confirmation.
An important focus of Tina's practice is the representation of major financial institutions in their capacity as indenture trustee or agent in connection with bond and loan facility defaults. Tina has extensive experience in counseling financial institutions acting as indenture trustees or agents in complex restructuring and liquidation scenarios with respect to:
- Exercising their post-default rights and obligations under debt indentures and loan agreements and under governing federal or state law, and in cross border insolvency proceedings
- Serving as members of official creditor committees
- Participating in the negotiation of issuer reorganizations and restructurings
- Defending and prosecuting litigation claims, including RMBS enforcement actions and mortgage loan repurchases by originators/sponsors
- Facilitating distributions to holders resulting from issuer reorganizations and liquidations
- Maintaining bondholder communications
Throughout her career, Tina has represented stakeholders who have played key roles in complex Chapter 11, Chapter 7, Chapter 15 and cross-border insolvency proceedings spanning a wide variety of industries, including the following representative matters:
- Energy and Mining
Allied Nevada Gold Corp.
Connacher Oil and Gas Limited (Canadian CCAA Proceedings)
Energy Future Holdings Corporation
Entegra Power Group LLC
Exco Resources, Inc.
Kaiser Aluminum Corporation
Pacific Exploration & Production Corp. (Canadian CCAA Proceedings)
Petroleum GEO-Services Inc.
SFX Entertainment, Inc.
- Financial Services
The Cash Store Financial Services, Inc. (Canadian CCAA Proceedings)
Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.
The Majestic Star Casino LLC
Mid-State Raceway Inc. (Vernon Downs)
President Casinos Inc.
Tropicana Entertainment LLC
Insight Health Corporation
St. Vincent Catholic Medical Centers of NY
- Homebuilders/Home Improvement
WCI Communities Inc.
Frontier Insurance Group Inc.
Trenwick America Corporation
A123 Systems Inc.
Electro Sonic Inc. (Chapter 15)
NewPage Corporation (Chapter 11 and Canadian CCAA Proceedings)
Sino-Forest Corporation (Canadian CCAA Proceedings)
- Mortgage Originators/Servicers
American Business Financial Services Inc.
American Home Mortgage Corporation
HomeBanc Mortgage Corporation
KH Funding Corporation
Ownit Mortgage Solutions Inc.
- Newspaper Publishers
Star Tribune Holdings Corporation
- Restaurants/Hospitality Services
Avado Brands Inc.
Budget Group Inc.
- Retail & Consumer Products
Borders Group Inc.
Finlay Enterprises Inc.
Right Start Acquisition Company / Babystyle, Inc.
The Weck Corporation (Gracious Home)
- Telecommunications, Internet, Technology & Social Networking
Grupo Iusacell Celular, S.A. de C.V. (Mexican concurso proceedings)
ITC Deltacom Inc.
Mood Media Corporation (Chapter 15 and Canadian CCAA Proceedings)
Orbital Imaging Corporation
Personal Communications Devices, LLC
PMGI Holdings, Inc. (Friendfinder Networks)
- Perkins Coie Women's Forum, Co-Chair, 2016 - Present
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Federation
- New York City Bar Association, Member, Committee for Women in the Legal Profession
- Pryor Cashman LLP, New York, NY, 2002 - 2012
- Lowenstein Sandler PC, Roseland, NJ, 1993 - 2002