Partner Ted Wern represents public and private companies, private equity funds, family offices, and other investor groups. Committed to serving as a trusted advisor to his clients, he emphasizes efficiency and creative problem solving in complex transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations, growth equity financings, private placements, joint ventures, and fund formation.
Ted also provides general corporate counseling for portfolio companies and other private company clients. He is a regular author and speaker on topics relating to private equity and M&A transactions.
- Represents investor groups, family offices, family business owners and publicly traded companies in acquisition, sale and other strategic transactions, including leveraged buyouts, corporate carve-outs, and sell-side M&A.
- Provides a wide range of corporate finance assistance, including growth equity investments, preferred equity and convertible debt offerings, and senior/subordinated financing.
- Represents investor groups and businesses in formation and structuring of corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, joint ventures, and strategic alliances.
- Advises management and employers regarding incentive compensation, equity sharing, and employment arrangements.
- Acts as outside counsel to a variety of private company clients with respect to general corporate and strategic matters.
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Chicago, IL, Associate (Private Equity), 2000 - 2004