Susan has more than 25 years of experience in the areas of executive compensation, securities and employee benefits. She is president of the Chicago Chapter of the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals, and chair of the Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Committee of the American Bar Association Business Law Section. She is also a former co-chair of the BNA Pension & Benefits Advisory Board as well as a former chair of the Federal Securities Law Subcommittee of the Employee Benefits Committee of the American Bar Association Section of Taxation, the Illinois State Bar Association Employee Benefits Section Counsel, the Chicago Bar Association Employee Benefits Committee and the Chicago Bar Association Federal Taxation Committee.
Susan is a frequent author and speaker on employee benefits, executive compensation and securities issues. She has been ranked one of America’s Leading Employment Lawyers in Chambers USA since 2011, listed in Best Lawyers in America in Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law since 1995 and listed as one of the "Top 50 Women in Illinois Super Lawyers," as published by Law & Politics, 2006 - 2014 and 2016.
Susan is a co-author of The Executive Compensation and Disclosure Handbook: A Practical Guide to the SEC’s Executive Compensation Disclosure Rules (RR Donnelley, Revised 2010), a co-author of the BNA Tax Management Portfolio “Security Law Aspects of Employee Benefit Plans” and a contributing author to The Public Company Handbook: A Corporate Governance and Disclosure Guide for Directors and Executives (RR Donnelley, Revised 2015).
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America 1995 - 2020: Employee Benefit (ERISA) Law
- Listed in Who's Who in America
- Listed in Who's Who of Emerging Leaders in America
- Listed in Who's Who in American Law
- Listed in Chicago Magazine as one of the "Top 100 Illinois Super Lawyers," 2009 - 2012, 2013 and 2016
- Listed as a "Super Lawyer" by Illinois Law & Politics, 2005 - 2019
- Listed as one of the "Top 50 Women Illinois Super Lawyers," as published by Law & Politics, 2006 - 2014 and 2016
- Ranked by Chambers USA, as “America’s Leading Business Lawyers," 2007 - 2010, "America's Leading Employment Lawyers," 2011 - 2019
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
(AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
*The Supreme Court of Illinois does not recognize certifications of specialties in the practice of law and no certificate, award or recognition is a requirement to practice law in Illinois.
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals, Chicago Chapter, President
- American Bar Association: Section of Taxation Employee Benefits Committee, Federal Securities Law Subcommittee, Former Chair; Joint Committee on Employee Benefits (JCEB), Member, Business Law Representative.
- American College of Employee Benefits Counsel, Fellow
- Illinois State Bar Association, Employee Benefits Section Council, Former Chair
- Chicago Bar Association, Employee Benefits Committee, Former Chair; Federal Taxation Committee, Former Chair