Shannon Bloodworth focuses her practice on representing pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients in complex patent litigation. She has extensive experience trying large-scale patent litigation, nationally and internationally, relating to pharmaceutical patents and is currently lead trial counsel in several Hatch-Waxman cases. Shannon has represented clients before the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the Third Circuit as well as numerous jurisdictions across the nation, including the District of Delaware, the District of New Jersey, the Southern District of New York, the Western District of Pennsylvania and the Western District of Wisconsin. She also has experience counseling pharmaceutical companies in their patent, patent litigation and regulatory strategies internationally. In the United States, Shannon has provided counseling on all aspects of the Hatch-Waxman Act and the Biologic Price Competition and Innovation Act.
- Recognized by Managing Intellectual Property as an IP Star, 2016 - present
- Listed in Law360 as an Intellectual Property MVP, 2015
- Listed in Intellectual Asset Management Patent 1000, 2013 - present
- Listed in LMG Life Sciences 2014 as a "Life Sciences Star"
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Litigation Attorneys
- Attorneys and the Food and Drug Law Institute
- Heller Ehrman LLP, Madison, WI and Washington, D.C., Associate, 2004 - 2008
- Venable LLP, Washington, D.C., Associate, 2001 - 2004
Hon. James Eyler, Court of Special Appeals of Maryland, 2000 - 2001