Serena Carlsen has been guiding major commercial real estate transactions in Seattle, the Puget Sound region, the Pacific Northwest and Alaska for more than three decades. Her experience includes advising clients on land acquisitions, facility purchases, ground leases, office and retail leases, financing and construction of facilities.
An active member of Seattle’s commercial real estate community, Serena represents a broad variety of clients within the real estate industry, including universities, hospitals, office building owners, container terminal operators, construction material companies and food and beverage companies. Her representative clients include the University of Washington, Valley Medical Center, Samis Foundation, SSA Marine, Fred Meyer and Cemex.
Serena was the past-chair and legislative director of the Washington State Bar Association’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Section. She is the author of a chapter in the Washington Deskbook, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, Washington State Bar Association.
- Ranked by Chambers USA, as “America’s Leading Real Estate Lawyers," 2017
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America: Real Estate Law, 2013 - 2018
- Listed in Washington Super Lawyers, 2004 - 2006
- "AV Peer Review Rated – Preeminent in Ethical Standards and Legal Ability" by Martindale-Hubbell,
(AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Member
- Commercial Real Estate Women, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Chair, 2000; Legislative Director, 1997 - 1999; Member