Robert Woolston, a partner in the firm's Seattle office, focuses his practice in the domestic and international mechanical engineering patent field. In addition, he performs due diligence analysis and counseling on intellectual property portfolio development, management, enforcement and licensing.
His experience includes the following:
- Patent prosecution and counseling in a broad range of mechanical-related technologies, including personnel lifts, medical devices, sports-related equipment, footwear, games, consumer products, manufacturing equipment, ammunition and ordinance systems, munitions handling and destruction systems, hearth and heating systems, window and door related systems, chemical decontamination systems, hazardous waste handling systems, ballistic-resistant materials, packaging equipment, aerospace and avionic systems, roadway condition detection apparatus, surface condition sensors, building systems, modular building panels, valve systems, mail/package handling systems, virtual mailbox systems, mobile broadband communication systems and audio equipment:
- Design patent prosecution;
- Strategic development and management of domestic and international patent portfolios;
- Product clearance and design-around analysis;
- Patent invalidity, infringement, and noninfringement opinions;
- Intellectual property due diligence analysis;
- Trademark prosecution and portfolio management; and
- Draft and negotiate intellectual property licenses, technology transfer agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and settlement agreements.