Richard Ross is a partner involved in the firm's corporate and securities practice areas, with extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions and other complex corporate transactions. He has represented companies, private equity funds, hedge funds and investment banks in public and private mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, takeovers (negotiated and contested), leveraged buyouts, spin-offs, strategic investments and joint ventures, as well as debt and equity financings, including venture debt and intellectual property-backed financings, in a wide variety of U.S. and cross-border transactions. He also counsels clients on a broad range of corporate, securities and business-related matters, including directors’ duties and responsibilities and other aspects of corporate governance and disclosure issues.
Richard has worked frequently with clients in the technology, media and entertainment and financial services industries, including:
- Goldman Sachs
- Microsoft Corporation
- Google Inc.
- Fortress Investment Group
- Brightwood Capital Advisors
- Combs Enterprises
- Cornell Law School, Adjunct Professor, 2018 - present
- Brooklyn Legal Services, Board of Directors
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP, New York, NY, Counsel, 2009 - 2012
- Goldman Sachs & Co., New York, NY, Vice President & Assistant General Counsel - Merchant Banking Legal, 2007 - 2009
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, New York, NY, Associate, 1999 - 2007; Summer Associate, 1998