Phil Gordon focuses his practice in the areas of real estate and land use, private equity, hotel transactions and management agreements, corporate mergers and acquisitions, and representation of boards of directors of public companies. Over the years, he has supervised the acquisitions, financing and management agreement negotiations of more than 75 hotels in North America and Europe. He has also advised sponsors on establishing private equity funds and has represented portfolio companies of the private equity funds. Phil has handled numerous public and private corporate acquisitions and dispositions and has advised boards of directors and committees of boards of public companies on a range of topics.
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
(AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2007 - 2021: Corporate Law
- Ranked nationally in Chambers USA as a leading lawyer in Leisure & Hospitality, 2009 - 2020
- Listed as a "Super Lawyer" by Illinois Law & Politics, 2005 - 2020
- Named Law360 Hospitality Editorial Advisory Board, 2017
*The Supreme Court of Illinois does not recognize certifications of specialties in the practice of law and no certificate, award or recognition is a requirement to practice law in Illinois.
- American Jewish Committee, Chicago Advisory Board, Director
- Oxford University, Vice Chancellors Council
- Urban Land Institute
- Spertus Institute of Jewish Learning and Leadership, Trustee and Former Chairman
- Balliol College, Oxford, member of North American Campaign Board
- The International Churchill Society, Director
- Lyric Opera of Chicago, Former Director
- Making Waves Foundation, Trustee