Senior Counsel Paul O. Hirose is Co-Chair of the Supply Chain Compliance & Corporate Social Responsibility practice – the first such dedicated practice among the largest law firms in the United States. His unique background and insight allow him to counsel clients on their supply chain compliance programs and address key laws and regulations including: the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act, the UK Modern Slavery Act and the U.S. government contractor requirements found in the Federal Acquisition Regulations.
A former Certified Public Accountant, Paul has significant audit and compliance experience. Moreover, he is an authority in product distribution as he has worked closely with and served in the legal departments of several multinational and mid-market companies (automotive, food distribution, technology). For the past 19 years, he has served as Marketing Counsel for Isuzu North America.
Paul has defended companies in federal and state court and before administrative agencies on a broad range of issues. He has also developed particular proficiency advising automotive distributors. For several automotive clients, he has defended dealer lawsuits and protests, class action lawsuits and other disputes involving product liability, copyright and trademark infringement, environmental, warranty and employment claims.
In addition to litigation, Paul assists his corporate clients with their business and transactional matters. He provides strategic business and legal advice as it relates to risk and litigation avoidance strategies, change management (operational) issues, human resources, intellectual property, and marketing and advertising matters. His transactional experience includes structuring, drafting and negotiating business contracts, including employment, distribution and licensing agreements. Paul has successfully managed the establishment and expansion as well as the winding down of distribution networks.
Paul serves as the Business CSR Advisor to the Tronie Foundation - a nonprofit organization founded by a human trafficking survivor, dedicated to ending modern day slavery and mentoring survivors of human trafficking.
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association "President’s Award," 2013
- Orange County Asian American Bar Association "Attorney of the Year," 2012
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA), President, 2010 - 2011
- NAPABA Leadership Advisory Council, Co-Chair, 2013 - present
- Japanese American Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Asian American Bar Association, Member
- Philippine American Bar Association, Member
- Bryan Cave LLP, Los Angeles, Associate, 1993 - 1996
- Rogers & Wells, Los Angeles, Associate, 1991 - 1993
- Deloitte Haskins & Sells (now Deloitte & Touche), Los Angeles, Senior Tax Consultant and Auditor, 1985 - 1988