Paul Navarro provides practical business counseling to help emerging companies succeed. He works with many new companies in entity selection and formation, and uses his prior background in handling substantial litigation and technology transactions to offer well-rounded advice on corporate governance and company development.
Paul advises and assists on early- and late-stage venture/equity financings, mergers and acquisitions and a variety of IP and other contract negotiations. His industry experience includes working with clients in the software and technology sectors and sports and entertainment industries in the U.S. and Latin America.
For both startup and industry-leading companies, Paul has been the lead associate negotiating and drafting complex IP licenses, services/product purchase agreements, joint venture agreements and mobile application development agreements. He has advised senior business team members regarding a variety of general corporate and intellectual property issues, focusing on delivering efficient and practical legal advice.
Paul is a native Spanish speaker and has lived large portions of his life in Latin America. He currently works with several companies in Latin America across various industries and is excited about the continual growth of venture capital throughout the region.
Arts, Sports and Entertainment
In addition to counseling early-stage companies, Paul has worked with athletes and managers in promotional endeavors, a unique management platform aiming to revolutionize the talent-development facet of the entertainment industry and music creation applications. Paul has an active pro bono practice. He has represented asylum seekers, drafted copyright licenses for nonprofit organizations and helped bereft children bring a wrongful death action for the loss of their mother. In this action, Paul was part of the three-person trial team that secured a $60 million verdict for their client.
- Super Lawyers Magazine “Northern California Rising Star”, 2013 - 2019
- State Bar of California Wiley W. Manuel Award, 2013
- Riverside County Latino Commission, Advisor
- Sacred Heart Cathedral, Assistant Wrestling Coach
- Goodwin Procter LLP, Associate, 2014 - 2015
- Morrison Foerster LLP, Associate, 2010 - 2014
- Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office, Government Bureau, Legal Intern, 2009 - 2010
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Carlos T. Bea for U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2008