Derek Petersen, a partner in the firm’s Litigation practice, focuses his practice on environmental litigation, including representation of clients in multiparty cost recovery and allocation actions under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA) and Arizona’s superfund law.
Beyond his environmental practice, Derek also represents clients in a broad range of other business disputes, including employment class action defense, franchise, securities, corporate governance, real estate, intellectual property and noncompetition litigation, before trial and appellate courts.
Derek’s practice also includes pro bono work. Recently, Derek successfully helped a victim of an equity-skimming scam retain ownership of his home, he also participates in the Bet Tzedek Holocaust Reparations Pro Bono Project, helping multiple Holocaust survivors obtain reparations.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2018: Litigation - Environmental
- ASU Environmental and Sustainability Law Mentorship Initiative, Mentorship Award, 2016
- The Hon. Michael D. Hawkins, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Judicial Extern, 2006
- Combs Law Group, P.C., Phoenix, AZ, Summer Associate, 2006
- Hon. Stephen M. McNamee, U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, Judicial Extern, 2006