Nancy Williams has counseled and represented employers in the areas of labor and employment law for more than 35 years. Her areas of experience include litigation, equal employment opportunity, discipline and discharge, and a wide variety of other employment issues. For the past several years, Nancy has been named a Senior Statesman by Chambers USA in recognition of her practice transition and long-term dedication to clients.
Nancy has served as managing partner of the firm’s Seattle office, as firmwide personnel partner and as chair of the Seattle Labor & Employment practice. She has been an active contributor and leader in civic, cultural and professional organizations, including the American Bar Association and Washington State Bar Association. She served as a trustee for the King County Bar Association and is currently an active participant in its Labor and Employment Law Section.
Pro bono work and volunteerism are mainstays of Nancy’s career. Her recent pro bono involvement includes Court Appointed Special Advocate for Children (CASA) cases and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) immigration matters. She is also a former board member of the Seattle Repertory Theatre and an alumna of the Peace Corps, in which she served in Colombia. As Nancy winds down her practice, she continues exploring opportunities to further her pro bono and community volunteer efforts.
- Selected by Best Lawyers as "Seattle Labor and Employment Lawyer of the Year," 2011 - 2012
- Listed in Chambers USA, "America’s Leading Labor and Employment Lawyers," Ranked Senior Statesman, 2012 - present
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 1995 - Present: Employment Law - Management; Litigation - Labor & Employment
- Listed in Super Lawyers Magazine, "Washington’s Super Lawyers," 2003 - present
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
(AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- Recognized as 2017 Outstanding Lawyer of the Year by King County Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Labor and Litigation Sections
- Washington Employment Law Letter, Co-Editor, 1994 - 2011
- King County Bar Association, Membership Committee, 2010 - 2013; KCBA BOLD section, ad hoc Chair, 2010 - 2013; Central District Trustee, 2007 - 2010; Labor and Employment Section, Trustee, 2004 - 2007; Section Chair, 2006 - 2007; Pacific Coast Labor Law Conference Planning Committee, 2001 - 2007, 2014, Conference Chair, 2006
- Peace Corps, Volunteer, 1967 - 1969
- U.S. Department of Labor, Public Information Officer, 1973 - 1978