Miriam Farhi is a partner in the firm’s Technology Transactions & Privacy practice and represents retail and technology companies on issues relating to privacy, data security, ecommerce, social media, Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence, online and mobile advertising, and consumer protection. She works with clients to assess their information practices and develop privacy and security programs that comply with US and international laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Miriam also works with clients on product launches and product reviews. In this capacity, she advises companies on a range of issues and coordinates with local counsel to develop a strategic, global approach to providing products and services to users around the world. Miriam also drafts consumer-facing terms and policies, including terms of service, terms of sale, acceptable use policies, end user license agreements, and privacy policies, and negotiates commercial agreements that involve the transfer of personal data.
Miriam has been listed in Chambers USA “America’s Leading Lawyers” for Privacy & Data Security and in Who’s Who Legal for Telecommunications Media & Technology, Information Technology, and Data Privacy & Protection.
- Listed in Who’s Who Legal:
- Data 2020 “Information Technology” and “Data Privacy & Protection”
- Data 2019 “Information Technology” and “Data Privacy & Protection”
- Data 2016 "Telecommunications Media & Technology"
- 2016 – Compendium Edition
- Listed in Chambers USA "America's Leading Lawyers," for Privacy & Data Security, 2014
- World Affairs Council, Board Member, 2016 - 2017
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Leading Women in Technology 2016 Wilpower Program, Participant
- Holocaust Survivors Justice Network, Volunteer Attorney, 2011 - Present
- Housing Justice Project, Seattle, WA, Volunteer Attorney, 2009
- Access to Justice Institute, Seattle, WA, Volunteer, 2006 - 2008
- Mercer Island High School Career and Technical Advisory Board, Board Member
- Perkins Coie LLP, Seattle, WA, Summer Associate, 2007
- Mexican Capital Legal Assistance Project, Seattle, WA, Legal Intern, 2006
- The Transatlantic Institute, Brussels, Belgium, Fellow, 2004 - 2005