Miriam Farhi is a Senior Privacy and Product Counsel who works closely with the firm's Technology Transactions & Privacy practice. She works with a broad range of companies on issues relating to privacy, data security, e-commerce and online marketplaces, social media, the Internet of Things, online advertising and consumer protection.
Miriam works with clients on global product launches and product reviews; conducts privacy and security assessments; develops and helps clients implement internal data protection policies, procedures and governance programs; counsels clients about international privacy and data protection frameworks and helps them develop a strategic, global approach to privacy and data security; drafts consumer-facing terms and policies, including terms of service, terms of sale, acceptable use policies and privacy policies; and negotiates commercial agreements that involve the transfer of personal data.
- Listed in Who’s Who Legal in Telecommunications Media & Technology, 2016
- Listed in Who’s Who Legal 2016 – Compendium Edition
- Listed in Chambers USA "America's Leading Lawyers," for Privacy & Data Security, 2014
- World Affairs Council, Board Member, 2016 - 2017
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Leading Women in Technology 2016 Wilpower Program, Participant
- Holocaust Survivors Justice Network, Volunteer Attorney, 2011 - Present
- Housing Justice Project, Seattle, WA, Volunteer Attorney, 2009
- Access to Justice Institute, Seattle, WA, Volunteer, 2006 - 2008
- Mercer Island High School Career and Technical Advisory Board, Board Member
- Perkins Coie LLP, Seattle, WA, Summer Associate, 2007
- Mexican Capital Legal Assistance Project, Seattle, WA, Legal Intern, 2006
- The Transatlantic Institute, Brussels, Belgium, Fellow, 2004 - 2005