Michael Clyde, a partner in the firm's Commercial Litigation practice and former chair of the firmwide Securities Litigation practice, has more than 30 years of experience in securities, corporate governance, professional liability, antitrust and other complex litigation. He has represented securities issuers, directors, officers and professionals in a wide variety of litigation involving securities, corporate governance and financial disclosure and accounting issues. He also has experience in conducting internal investigations, responding to threats of litigation and advising officers and directors on avoiding or promptly resolving disputes.
In December 2009, Michael was lead trial counsel for craigslist, Inc. in eBay v. Craig Newmark, where the Delaware Chancery Court affirmed craigslist's approval of indemnification agreements for officers and directors and implementation of a staggered board.
He also has represented witnesses in and targets of regulatory, insider trading and fraud investigations in front of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and other federal and state agencies.
- Named Best Lawyers' Phoenix, "Antitrust Law Lawyer of the Year," 2019, 2021; "Securities / Capital Markets Law Lawyer of the Year," 2020
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2007 - 2021: Antitrust Law; Litigation - Antitrust; Litigation - Securities; Securities/Capital Markets Law
- Listed in Southwest Super Lawyers, 2007, 2010 - 2014
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
(AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona, Member, Antitrust Section Executive Council, 1989 - 1992, Chairman, Antitrust Section, 1992 - 1993
- New York State Bar Association
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore, New York, NY, Associate, 1978 - 1983
- Manhattan District Attorney, Special Assistant, 1978 - 1979