Mark Quehrn focuses his practice on energy, water resources and commercial development. His areas of particular skill include project development, licensing, regulated industries, water law and commercial transactions. He assists clients in the development of all types of energy facilities and infrastructure projects and transactions, including energy projects, water supply and water resource projects and port and terminal facility developments in the United States and internationally, electric transmission lines and water supply projects and facilities.
Mark represents clients before the FERC and numerous other federal, state and local regulatory agencies. Substantive areas of experience include the Federal Power Act (FPA), Public Utility Regulation, the National and State Environmental Policy Acts (NEPA/SEPA), the Clean Water Act (CWA), the Endangered Species Act (ESA), Water Law and Indian Law.
Mark's project development experience includes representing developers in drafting, negotiating and closing engineering, procurement and construction contracts, project purchase and sale agreements, water supply agreements, power purchase agreements and interconnection agreements.
- Listed in Washington Law & Politics "Super Lawyers" 2007, 2009, 2011- 2015
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 2003 - Present: Energy Law; Environmental Law; Natural Resources Law
- National Hydropower Association
- Environmental Law Institute
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Seattle King County Bar Association
- Overlake Hospital Foundation and Auxiliaries, Board of Trustees
- Bellevue Chamber of Commerce, Board Member