Lynne Graybeal is a partner in the firm's Intellectual Property Group and Trademark, Copyright, Media & Brand Protection practices. Her practice focuses on trademark and copyright law, Internet and social media issues, licensing and intellectual property-related transactions, and arts and entertainment law. Lynne is currently the co-chair of the firm's Arts, Entertainment & Sports industry group and a secondary member of the firm’s Technology Transactions and Privacy practice. She was a co-chair of the Trademark, Copyright, Media & Brand Protection practice, from 2000 - 2012.
Lynne’s IP transactional experience includes drafting and negotiating software license and development agreements, multimedia and Web-based content license agreements, content acquisition agreements, trademark license, merchandising and co-branding agreements, sponsorship agreements, IP rights transfer agreements, literary rights agreements, music licensing agreements, advertising agency and talent agreements, and confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements.
Lynne's clients include cutting-edge online and traditional companies of all sizes across a wide range of industries, including food and beverage retailers, software and mobile app publishers, hardware and electronics manufacturers, financial institutions, a virtual currency and cryptocurrency exchange, telecommunications services and equipment providers, interactive games publishers, online and big-box retailers, political action committees, information aggregators, personal care product manufacturers and a manufacturer of aerospace, military and defense-related products.
Lynne also works with arts and entertainment clients, including authors, artists, musicians, composers, art collectors and museums, and has represented corporate clients, game developers, publishers, professional sports teams, a public television station, and individuals in entertainment-related matters and transactions involving publishing, literary rights, publicity rights, art, theatre, music, film and television. Lynne is currently art collection counsel for a large corporation as well as Perkins Coie, which has an extensive collection. She currently serves on the board of trustees of the Pacific Northwest Ballet, the Northwest's largest ballet company, as well as on the board of directors of the Seattle Shakespeare Company.
- Named the Best Lawyers' Seattle "Lawyer of the Year" for Copyright Law and Trademark Law, 2017
- Trademark, Copyright, Media & Brand Protection group selected by U.S. News - Best Lawyers as 2016 Law Firm of the Year in Trademark Law
- Listed in Expert Guides, "World’s Leading Trademark Lawyers," and “Women in Business Law,” 2015 - 2016
- Recognized by Acquisition International as a "IP Practitioner," 2016
- Listed as a Top Rated Lawyer in Intellectual Property by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2012 - Present: Copyright Law; Trademark Law
- Recognized, Gold Band, in the World Trademark Review 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals, 2012 - 2016
- Recognized by Managing Intellectual Property as an IP Star, 2013 - 2016; Top 250 Women in IP, 2013
- Listed in The International Who's Who of Trademark Lawyers , 2006 - 2016
- Listed in Super Lawyers Magazine, "Washington's Super Lawyers", 2003 - 2006, 2010 - Present
- Listed in Washington Law & Politics, "Top 50 Washington Female Super Lawyers", 2004
- Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent® in Martindale-Hubbell
(AV® Preeminent ™ and BV® Distinguished™ are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- International Trademark Association, Internet Committee, Online Use Subcommittee, Web 2.0 Working Group Chair, 2010 - 2013
- International Trademark Association, Non-Traditional Marks Committee, 2016 - present; Emerging Issues Committee, 2014 - 2015; Trademark Fraud Subcommittee, 2006 - 2008; Tax Issues/IP Holding Company Subcommittee, 2003 - 2005; Publications Committee, 1994 - 1996; Annual Meeting Planning Committee, 1993 - 1994; Governmental Relations Committee, 1992 - 1993
Washington Women Lawyers, King County Chapter, Member; former Treasurer, 1990 - 1991; President, 1992
- Washington State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section, Member; Chair, 1988 - 1989
- Pacific Northwest Ballet, Board of Trustees and Executive Committee, 2010 - present
- Seattle Shakespeare Company, Board of Directors, 2013 - present
- AmeriCorps, City Year/Seattle-King County, Mentor, 2008 - 2009
- Leadership Tomorrow, Class 1989; Board Member, 2002 - 2008
- Lake & Park School, Board of Trustees, 2004 - present