Lynn Hvalsoe, a partner in the firm's Corporate and Technology Transactions & Privacy practices, focuses her practice on complex technology transactions, including joint development agreements, patent licensing and intellectual property monetization counseling. She also has extensive experience in trademark and copyright licensing, software development and licensing, open source software risk management, intellectual property audits, international sales and distribution, outsourcing and business organization and counseling.
Lynn has managed due diligence and intellectual property rights clearance in substantial financing and acquisition of both software and technology companies. She has also negotiated and documented joint development agreements for a wide range of technologies and enterprise applications, including semiconductor products.
Lynn works closely with programmers, engineers and scientists in both large and small companies in a wide range of technical disciplines to understand their products and innovations and to successfully negotiate key development, licensing and sales transactions.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2016 - 2018: Technology law
- Recognized by Managing Intellectual Property as an IP Star, 2013, 2014, 2016; Top 250 Women in IP, 2013
- Licensing Executives Society
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Washington State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Nintendo of America Inc., Redmond, General Counsel, 1988 - 1996
- Responsible for legal oversight of international intellectual property portfolio, worldwide sales and distribution, patent and antitrust litigation, antipiracy and government relations.