Lisa McGimpsey is a partner in the firm's Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation and the vice chair of the firm’s Corporate practice. Lisa focuses on the federal income tax aspects of executive compensation matters and has significant experience in designing and drafting a wide variety of compensation plans and arrangements, including equity-based compensation plans and change-in-control arrangements.
Lisa's representative experience includes providing federal income tax advice with respect to the following:
- Equity-based compensation, including stock options, stock appreciation rights, restricted stock awards, restricted stock units, and phantom stock units.
- Other compensation arrangements, including annual and long-term bonus programs, employment and severance agreements, and change-in-control arrangements.
- Executive compensation aspects of M&A transactions, including due diligence matters, golden parachute payments, and the treatment of stock options and other equity-based compensation.
- Non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements (Section 409A), golden parachute payments (Section 280G), and limitations on tax deductions for public companies (Section 162(m)).
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2018: Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Listed in Washington Law & Politics, "Rising Stars of Washington Law"