Kurt Linsenmayer counsels clients on ERISA, federal tax and other rules applicable to 401(k) plans, qualified and nonqualified pension plans, other executive benefits and health and welfare programs. His more than 25 years of legal practice experience includes serving as an in-house attorney of a FORTUNE 50 company, drafting and counseling advice to many public and private clients, and supporting all benefits aspects of mergers and acquisitions, financings and other corporate transactions. Kurt also guides clients in responding to benefits claims and represents them before the IRS, U.S. Department of Labor and Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation.
Kurt is a frequent writer and speaker for various legal seminars sponsored by employee benefits organizations, such as Thomson Reuters and the Western Pension and Benefits Conference. He is a co-author of the industry-leading 401(k) Plans manual published by Thomson Reuters and he continues to contribute to the publication.
- Ranked in Washington (Band 1) for Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation in Chambers USA, 2010 - Present
- Listed in Super Lawyers Magazine, “Washington's Super Lawyers," 2010 - Present
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2006 - Present: Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
(AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- American Bar Association, Tax Section Member
- Western Pension and Benefits Conference, Member
- Seattle Pension Roundtable, Member
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation, Attorney
- Judicial Extern for the Hon. Carolyn R. Dimmick, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington