Katherine May focuses on complex commercial, environmental, constitutional and regulatory disputes for clients in the mining and minerals, metals, aerospace, health care, real estate and financial services industries. She has experience representing clients in federal and state courts at both the trial and appellate levels, as well as before the Arizona Office of Administrative Hearings and other state agencies. Katherine assists clients with due diligence investigations, and in evaluating and mitigating environmental compliance risks that arise under federal and state environmental laws.
Maintaining a robust pro bono practice, Katherine has successfully represented a Guatemalan woman in obtaining asylum. Recently, she served as first chair in a three-day trial in federal court alleging civil rights violations. Katherine also currently serves as co-chair of the Federal Bar Association Phoenix Chapter’s Newer Lawyers’ Committee.
Before joining the firm, Katherine served as a law clerk to the Honorable John Pelander of the Arizona Supreme Court. As a law student, she served as associate note and comment editor on the Arizona State Law Journal and as research assistant to Robert Bartels.
*Admitted only in Arizona.
- Federal Bar Association - Phoenix Chapter, Newer Lawyers’ Committee, Co-Chair, 2016 – present
- Sandra Day O’Connor Inn of Court, Member, 2016 – present
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Arizona
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Herberger Theater Center, Young Leadership Board, Chair, 2014 – 2016; Member, 2016 – present
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arizona, Big Sister, 2014 – present
- Hon. John Pelander, Supreme Court of Arizona, 2014 - 2015