Karl Klassen has extensive experience managing intellectual property portfolios of emerging companies and international corporations. He regularly counsels both national and international corporations in patent strategies, freedom to operate analyses and other intellectual property due diligence and patent licensing. Karl works with inventors to monetize patent assets and develop IP portfolios focused on interconnected devices, commercial IoT software, and IoT ecosystems.
In the medical device industry, Karl has particular experience with respiratory technology (e.g., intra-bronchial valves, intrabronchial catheters, etc.), aesthetic treatments, photodynamic therapy, energy emitting catheters (e.g., radiofrequency catheters, light emitting catheters, etc.), cardiac technology, spinal technology, and tissue processing and imaging equipment. He also has extensive experience in a variety of other technologies, including aerospace technology, injection molding, semiconductor processing equipment and Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems.
- Listed in Washington Law and Politics, “Rising Stars of Washington Law,” 2012
- Seed IP Law Group PLLC, Seattle, WA, Associate, 2006 - 2011
- Knobbe Martens Olson and Bear, LLP, Irvine, CA, Associate, 2002; 2003 - 2006
- Townsend and Townsend and Crew, LLP, (now Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP), Palo Alto, CA, Summer Associate, 2001
- Unigraphics Solutions Inc., Cypress, CA, Applications Engineer, 1999 - 2000