Jill Louis focuses her practice on private equity and corporate representation, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and franchise transactions. Her experience includes advising on over-the-road transportation and project infrastructure matters, as well as the creation and implementation of contract-management processes for public and private companies, based on a process she developed as a leader of in-house legal departments.
Jill has both depth and breadth of experience advising multi-location retail and industrial companies. Prior to returning to private practice, she was the general counsel for a large private equity portfolio company with over $1 billion in annual revenue, operating heavy duty parts and service locations in 45 states. She also served as general counsel for a multinational service office franchisor with $600 million in revenue and operating in all 50 U.S. states, Australia, Brazil, Canada, England, France, and Mexico. For over 10 years, she led the transactions group for the retail operating company of a global courier delivery service, leading transactions in North America and Asia and launching their transportation delivery service.
Active in both her professional and personal communities, Jill is member of the board of trustees of Howard University. She also serves on the executive committees of the AT&T Performing Arts Center and North Texas Public Broadcasting, Inc. (KERA).
- Named Best Lawyers in Dallas by D Magazine, 2017 - 2019
- Named Texas General Counsel Forum Magna Stella-Outstanding AGC, 2011
- Received FedEx Five Star Award, 2012
Howard University, Member of Audit and Facilities Committees, Board of Trustees, 2018 - present
Thrivent Financial, Texas Region Board Member. 2017 - present
North Texas Public Broadcasting, Inc. (KERA), Executive Board Member, 2016 - present
The Dallas Assembly, 2009 - present
Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce, Education Political Action Committee Board, 2011 - 2013, Co-Chair, 2012 - 2013
2006 Class of Leadership Dallas
Junior League of Dallas, Sustaining Member
- AT&T Performing Arts Center, Executive Board Member, 2016 - present
- Girls Incorporated of Metropolitan Dallas, Board of Trustees, 2005 - 2010, Executive Committee, 2007 - 2009, Advisory Board Member, 2018 - present
- The Links Incorporated, Dallas Chapter, 2017 - present
- Village Giving Circle of the Texas Women’s Foundation, Founding Member,
- The Dallas Summit