James Davis represents policyholders, from FORTUNE 50 corporations to family-owned businesses, in a wide range of insurance coverage disputes. Bringing over 20 years of experience to his practice, Jim advises clients on product liability, product recall, product contamination, first party property and business interruption losses, and additional insured and vendor endorsements. He has also counseled on historic coverage for environmental and asbestos claims, cyber liability, directors and officers liability, professional liability, employment practice liability, commercial crime and fidelity bonds, workers’ compensation liability, domestic and UK insolvencies and UK solvent scheme issues.
An experienced litigator, Jim has represented clients in commercial disputes involving breach of contract, indemnity, construction, sales practices, environmental compliance, shareholder and partnership, RICO and unfair competition. He works with clients in the retail, pharmaceutical, energy, financial, manufacturing, construction, real estate and consulting industries.
Using his thorough understanding of coverage law, Jim is a frequent author and presenter on various insurance recovery topics. He was elected to membership in the American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Counsel (ACCEC) in 2014 and is active on the American Bar Association’s Section of Litigation, Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee.
- Listed in Who's Who Legal: Insurance and Reinsurance, 2016 - 2019
- Recognized by Chambers USA, Insurance: Dispute Resolution, 2008 - 2019
- Listed in Illinois Super Lawyers, 2009 - 2019
- Recognized in Best Lawyers, Insurance Law, 2013 - 2019
- Fellow, American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Counsel (ACCEC), 2014 - 2019
- Law360 Insurance Editorial Advisory Board, 2014
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee (ICLC)