Ian Westberg is the director of Startup & Investor Services for the Emerging Companies & Venture Capital practice at Perkins Coie. Ian advises clients on strategic business issues that are critical to funding and leverages the firm’s extensive network of investors to connect clients with targeted capital sources. He joined Perkins Coie from DLA Piper where he was a co-founder and senior executive of the firm’s Venture Pipeline group. Over the past 19 years, Ian has worked with hundreds of companies across a wide range of industry sectors advising them on investor pitching strategies, investor targeting and market development.
- Recognized by The Legal 500 U.S. for his "standout knowledge of early stage funding and excellent support of early stage companies," 2009
- 40 Under 40 Finalist, Sacramento Business Journal, 2011
- Sacramento Regional Technology Alliance (SARTA), Board Member, 2011 - 2015
- UC Davis - Big Bang Business Plan Competition, Mentor
- DLA Piper, Senior Executive, Venture Pipeline
- Gray Cary, Co-Founder and Regional Manager, Venture Pipeline
- Graham & James LLP, Corporate & Securities Paralegal