George Colindres is partner with the Corporate practice and Emerging Companies & Venture Capital practice in the firm's Los Angeles and San Diego offices.
George acts as outside general counsel for clients in a diverse array of industries, including food, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, digital health, internet of things, social networking, e-commerce, online advertising, online gaming, software, hardware, telecommunications, and real estate. His work for these clients includes:
- Corporate governance, including entity formation and capital structuring and equity incentive plan matters
- Commercial agreements
- Employment and compensation matters
- Preferred Stock and other equity financings
- Convertible promissory note (bridge) financings
- M&A transactions
George also represents venture capital firms, strategic investors, angels, and other investors in connection with making investments in portfolio companies and liquidity events related to such portfolio companies.
- Southern California Biomedical Council (SoCalBio), member of screening committee for the Innovation Catalyst Program
- Perkins Coie Los Angeles Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Chair, 2013 - present; Member, 2012 - present
- McDermott Will & Emery, San Diego, CA, Partner