Emily Bushaw, counsel in the firm’s Labor and Employment practice, focuses on employment litigation, arbitration and counseling.
Emily's extensive experience includes defense of discrimination, harassment, retaliation claims and wage-and-hour class action cases. She also provides counseling to clients regarding human resources issues, discipline and discharge, employee handbooks and policies, wage-and-hour law, employee classification issues, and arbitration and separation agreements.
Emily regularly conducts workplace investigations and assists in the resolution of pre-litigation harassment, discrimination, and retaliation charges before the Washington Human Rights Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Emily also assists beer and winery clients in obtaining federal and state importer, exporter and wholesaler distributor licenses.
- Listed as a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2016 - 2017
- Thurston County Prosecutor’s Office, Civil Division, Olympia, WA, Special Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, 2009 - 2010
- Law Offices of Witherspoon Kelley, Spokane, WA, Legal Intern, 2008 - 2009
- Washington State Court of Appeals, Div. III, Spokane, WA, Judicial Extern for The Hon. Teresa C. Kulik, 2008
- Perkins Coie LLP, Seattle, WA, Summer Associate, 2008
- Gonzaga School of Law, Spokane, WA, Research Assistant to Professor Mary Pat Treuthart, 2008, 2009
- Law Offices of Workland & Witherspoon, PLLC, Spokane, WA, Legal Intern, 2007 - 2008
- Gonzaga School of Law, Spokane, WA, Research Assistant to Professor Daniel Morrissey, 2006 - 2007
- Office of the Attorney General - Consumer Protection Division, Spokane, WA, Consumer Protection Intern, 2006 - 2007
- Office of the Attorney General - Regional Services Division, Bellingham, WA, Administrative Intern, 2001 - 2004