Donna Barnett represents utilities and energy companies in state regulatory proceedings. She helps her clients obtain regulatory approvals in cost proceedings, property transactions and mergers. She assists utilities faced with enforcement action and represents her clients’ interests in rulemaking proceedings. Donna also regularly appears in superior court representing commercial real estate owners and major tenants in lease disputes, including eminent domain proceedings and landlord-tenant conflicts.
Donna has worked for more than twenty years in the utility industry. In California, she was a vegetation management consultant to Pacific Gas and Electric Company. In Washington, she was an environmental coordinator for Chelan County Public Utility District. Donna worked at the Oregon Public Utility Commission assisting administrative law judges in energy and telecommunications proceedings, and she worked in the Public Counsel Section of the Washington Attorney General's Office, where she was active in telecommunications litigation and rulemaking.
Her experience gives Donna in-depth understanding of the energy industry, its relevant laws and regulations, the regulators, and the people who work in the industry.
- Listed in Washington Law & Politics, "Washington Rising Star," 2013 - 2015
- Energy Bar Association, 2010 - present
- American Bar Association, 2005 - present
- Washington State Bar Association, Litigation Section, 2005 - present
- King County Bar Association, 2005 - present
- East King County Bar Association, 2005 - present
- ArtsFund, Associate, 2008 - 2010
- Bellevue Arts Museum, Board of Trustees, Board Operations Committee Chair, 2009 - 2016
- Pacific Northwest Ballet, Board of Governors, 2016 - present
- Washington State Attorney General’s Office, Public Counsel Section, Seattle, WA, Law Clerk, 2004
- Public Utility Commission of Oregon, Administrative Hearings Division, Salem, OR, Law Clerk, 2003 - 2005
- Chelan County Public Utility District No. 1, Wenatchee, WA, Environmental Coordinator, 1997 - 2002
- Environmental Consultants Inc. (consultant to Pacific Gas & Electric Company) Davis, CA, Senior Consulting Utility Arborist, 1994 - 1997