Debbie Dunn focuses on multigenerational estate planning and administration for high net worth families, family offices and owners of closely held businesses. Debbie’s practice includes drafting sophisticated estate plans, representing clients in complex estate and gift tax audits, and advising executors in will contents and disputes with beneficiaries. She represents trustees with respect to trust and estate administration, as well as beneficiaries with respect to rights and claims.
With over 20 years of experience, Debbie has developed unique techniques for managing life insurance, Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRATs), Reminder Purchase Marital Trusts, remainder sales and the transfer of other assets to grantor trusts, and Charitable Lead Annuity Trusts (CLATs). She has written and contributed to numerous articles and publications on various trust and estate topics, including asset freeze and valuation reduction techniques, drafting estate plans and alternative trust options.
- AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell
(AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2011
- Named an Illinois Super Lawyer, 2007 - 2008
- Chicago Estate Planning Council, Member, 2011 - 2012
- Idaho State Bar, Taxation, Probate and Trust Law Section, 2013 - present
- Idaho State Bar Association, Sun Valley Estate Planning Conference, Planning Committee, 2015
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section, 2014
- LDS Philanthropies Gift Planning Leadership Council, 2015 - present
- Museum of Science and Industry, Gift Planning Advisory Committee, 2011 - 2012
- Foresight Design Initiative, Board Member, 2004 - 2012