David Chiappetta is a partner in the firm's San Francisco office. With over twenty years of legal experience, his practice primarily involves the litigation of complex commercial disputes, with a focus on antitrust and unfair business practice claims, class actions, contract and partnership disputes, intellectual property matters and professional responsibility claims. David has also litigated significant disputes involving California’s environmental policies, including the State Water Project and Proposition 65 (the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act).
David also has extensive experience counseling clients on issues relating to antitrust law and trade regulation. He has represented clients before federal and state government enforcement agencies in relation to mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and investigations. In handling these matters, David is able to provide significant insight into the mindset of a government regulatory body, having spent four years prosecuting cases for the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
- Inner West Law Society Prize for Litigation, Sydney, Australia
- Thomson Legal and Regulatory Limited Prize for Litigation, Sydney, Australia
- Law Institute of Victoria, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Office of the Washington State Attorney General, Antitrust Division, Law Clerk, 1993 - 1994
- United States Navy, Pensacola, FL, Commissioned Officer, 1989 - 1994