David Gold concentrates his practice on all aspects of general commercial litigation, financial restructuring, bankruptcy and distressed real estate. He represents debtors, creditors and trustees and has significant experience in the hotel and hospitality industries. In the hospitality sector, David has represented secured lenders, major hotel brands, creditors and debtors in all aspects of Chapter 11 restructurings, assignments for the benefit of creditors, out of court transactions and general litigation. He also regularly provides counsel on secured transactions under the UCC, lien and judgment enforcement and asset protection.
David also has significant experience with CMBS securitized loan workouts and has prosecuted and defended foreclosure and receivership actions for commercial properties, including hotels, office buildings, shopping centers and single-use properties. His CMBS and distressed real estate practice concentrates on the Midwest, but David’s real estate experience spans the country.
David recently acted as Chapter 11 debtor’s counsel for a steel manufacturer for the construction, agricultural, mining equipment and power generation industries, overseeing a successful marketing and sale of the company and the preservation of hundreds of jobs. He also recently acted as defense counsel for a private equity company in breach of fiduciary duty adversary proceedings involving a failed ambulance business.
- The Best Lawyers in America 2021: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, Guardian ad litem program, 2018 - Present
- Chicago Domestic Violence Legal Clinic, 2013 – Present
- Unemployment Compensation Appeals Clinic (UAC), Madison, WI, Volunteer Worker, 2006 - 2009
- Center for Disability and Elder Law, Chicago, IL, Volunteer Worker, 2005 - 2006