David Perez practices complex commercial litigation with an emphasis on intellectual property, consumer protection, class actions, constitutional law, unfair competition and trial practice. David has particular experience in trade secret disputes, regularly counseling clients asserting trade secret misappropriation, or defending against misappropriation claims. He also serves as outside general counsel for various entrepreneurs, high-growth technology startups and established companies.
David maintains an active pro bono practice that focuses on constitutional law and civil rights. He co-authored the Washington Voting Rights Act, a state analogue to Section 2 of the federal Voting Rights Act. He is currently on the litigation team for Wagafe et al. v. Trump, et al., a class action challenging the legality of a secretive government program that targets Muslims applying for immigration benefits.
David received his J.D. from Yale Law School and his B.A. from Gonzaga University, where he was selected as the student commencement speaker. After law school, David served as a clerk on the Ninth Circuit. Each year since 2013, David has been named a “Rising Star” in Washington Super Lawyers Magazine.
- Selected as a "Washington Rising Star" in Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013 - 2017
- Named “Champion of Voting Rights” by the League of Women Voters of Seattle-King County, 2015
- Recipient of the Latino/a Bar Association of Washington's "President's Award," 2013
- King County Bar Association, Appellate and Intellectual Property sections
- Seattle Municipal Court Selection Committee, 2016
- Seattle Mayor-elect Ed Murray, Transition Team, 2013
- Washington Attorney General-elect Bob Ferguson, Transition Team, 2012
- Fred T. Korematsu Center for Law & Equality, Fellow
- Washington Conservation Voters, Board Member, 2016 - present
- Ballard Food Bank, Board Member, 2012 - present
- Schools First, Board Member, 2013 - present
- The Washington Bus, Past Board Member
- Leadership Tomorrow, Class of 2012
- Latina/o Bar Association of Washington (LBAW), Co-Chair, Judicial Evaluations Committee, 2010 - 2013; President-elect, 2015; President, 2016
- Fred T. Korematsu Center for Law and Equality, Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, WA, Assistant Director, 2011 - 2012
- Perkins Coie LLP, Seattle, WA, Summer Associate, 2009
- U.S. Attorney’s Office, Seattle, WA, Law Clerk, 2008
Hon. Robert Beezer, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2010 - 2011