David Perez is a litigator whose practice focuses on constitutional law, consumer protection, including matters before the Federal Trade Commission, class actions, intellectual property, including trade secrets, and unfair competition. As part of his practice, David regularly counsels entrepreneurs, high-growth technology startups and established companies. In addition to presenting over 20 arguments at the trial level, David has substantial appellate experience, briefing cases at all levels of state and federal government, including the U.S. Supreme Court, and he has argued successfully in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the Washington Court of Appeals. Each year since 2013, David has been named a “Rising Star” in Washington Law and Politics.
Maintaining an active pro bono practice, David focuses on issues related to civil rights, constitutional law and voting rights. He co-authored the Washington State Voting Rights Act, a state analogue to Section 2 of the federal Voting Rights Act.
David received his J.D. from Yale Law School and his B.A. from Gonzaga University, where he was selected as the student commencement speaker. After law school, David clerked on the Ninth Circuit.
- Selected as a "Washington Rising Star" in Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013 - 2017
- Named “Champion of Voting Rights” by the League of Women Voters of Seattle-King County, 2015
- Recipient of the Latino/a Bar Association of Washington's "President's Award," 2013
- King County Bar Association, Appellate and Intellectual Property sections
- Seattle Municipal Court Selection Committee, 2016
- Seattle Mayor-elect Ed Murray, Transition Team, 2013
- Washington Attorney General-elect Bob Ferguson, Transition Team, 2012
- Fred T. Korematsu Center for Law & Equality, Fellow
- Washington Conservation Voters, Board Member, 2016 - present
- Ballard Food Bank, Board Member, 2012 - present
- Schools First, Board Member, 2013 - present
- The Washington Bus, Past Board Member
- Leadership Tomorrow, Class of 2012
- Latina/o Bar Association of Washington (LBAW), Co-Chair, Judicial Evaluations Committee, 2010 - 2013; President-elect, 2015; President, 2016
- Fred T. Korematsu Center for Law and Equality, Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, WA, Assistant Director, 2011 - 2012
- Perkins Coie LLP, Seattle, WA, Summer Associate, 2009
- U.S. Attorney’s Office, Seattle, WA, Law Clerk, 2008
Hon. Robert Beezer, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2010 - 2011