Chris M. Kang practices in the areas of real estate and business law. In his real estate and land use practice, he represents national and regional clients in the purchase and sale of commercial real estate, including retail, office, multifamily, industrial and mixed-use properties. In his business transaction work, Chris represents clients involved in asset sales, stock sales and mergers, licensing agreements and other commercial transactions.
Working with all aspects of real estate transactions, Chris drafts and negotiates purchase and sale agreements; reviews title, zoning and other due diligence items; drafts addendums, waivers and affidavits; manages closing documents; and assists with closings. His representative work includes assisting in the purchase of multiple senior housing properties for a national real estate investment group, the purchase of a downtown Seattle mixed-use building, and the sale of apartment complexes with over 100 units.
Chris also represents major landlords and tenants in drafting and negotiating commercial leases. His representative work includes assisting the owner of a major Bellevue regional shopping center with retail and office lease negotiations; Puget Sound Energy in lease renewal negotiations; and other major companies with leasing/subleasing corporate office space.
Additionally, Chris has experience with land use matters that includes drafting and negotiating development agreements, easements, view protection agreements and maintenance agreements.
Chris is a member of the Bellevue Chamber of Commerce Young Executives Program and active in the Korean American Bar Association of Washington.
- Listed in Washington Super Lawyers Magazine, "Rising Star," 2016 - 2017
- Listed in Lawyers of Color Magazine, "Top 100 Hot List of Attorneys under 40 for Western Region," 2013
- Bellevue Chamber of Commerce Young Executives Program, 2016 - 2017
- Overlake Medical Center Pulse! Leadership Council, Member, 2015 - 2016
- Korean American Chamber of Commerce of Washington, Member, 2015 - 2016
- Interim Community Development Association, Board Member, 2012 - 2015
- Korean American Bar Association of Washington, Board Member, 2011 - 2014
- Inslee, Best, Doezie & Ryder P.S., 2015 - 2016
- Young deNormandie P.C., 2012 - 2015
- SLP & Associates PLLC, 2010 - 2012
- King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, 2009 - 2010
- Judicial Extern for Hon. John C. Coughenour, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, 2007