Bobbie Wilson, a member of the firm's Litigation practice, has extensive experience in complex civil litigation primarily in the area of intellectual property. She focuses on patent, trade secrets, the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and Section 230 litigation under the Communications Decency Act. Ms. Wilson also serves as the lead trial counsel in intellectual property, complex class action litigation, and political law cases.
Whether it is a grant of summary judgment in a Section 230 case, defeating class certification for a billion dollar corporation; dismissal of a class action lawsuit, or a $56.00 punitive damages award as new trial counsel, Ms. Wilson gets results for clients all over the country. In recognition of her accomplishments, Ms. Wilson was recently recognized by The Recorder as "power player" on its list of Women Leaders in Technology Law in California.
She authors articles and speaks on cutting edge issues, the most recent concerning how to deal with threat letters in patent cases and dealing with the U.S. Patent system post the America Invents Act (AIA) where you are a foreign company doing business in the U.S.
- Recognized by The Recorder in its annual "Women Leaders in Tech Law" list, 2013 - 2016; Top 10 "Power Player", 2015
- Named one of the "Top 100 Women Lawyers" in California by Daily Journal, 2014
- Recognized by Managing Intellectual Property as an IP Star, 2013 - 2016; Top 250 Women in IP, 2013 - 2016
- Named one of the "Top 75 Women Lawyers" by Daily Journal, 2011, 2014
- Named one of the "Top 100 Women Litigators" in California by Daily Journal, 2010
- The National Law Journal's Pro Bono Award
- Listed in Northern California "Super Lawyer," Law & Politics and San Francisco magazines, 2010 - 2017
- Standing Committee on Professional Conduct for Northern District, CA, Member
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Fellow, 2013
- Northern District Lawyer Representative to the Ninth Circuit
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Executive Board
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- State Bar of California Litigation and Intellectual Property sections
- San Francisco Chamber of Commerce, former director
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property and Litigation Committee
- Charles Houston Bar Association
- California Minority Counsel Program (CMCP), Steering Committee Member, 2001 - 2004