Ariel Glickman has experience with a variety of privacy and data security issues. While a legal privacy intern at the White House Office of Management & Budget, Ariel conducted an audit of federal agency privacy and security programs for compliance with OMB guidance, the Federal Information Security and Management Act, and the Privacy Act. She also reviewed agency websites, mobile applications, and privacy impact assessments to determine compliance with privacy notices. During her tenure at The George Washington University Law School, she served as an assistant to Professor Daniel J. Solove, where she conducted research relating to international, education, and media privacy.
Recently, Ariel clerked for the Hon. Michael S. Nachmanoff of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, where she assisted with high-stakes litigation by resolving a series of motions and researching nuanced legal issues related to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, and Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Ariel’s background also includes earning an Ethics in Excellence and Journalism Legal Fellowship at the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, where she focused on the legal issues surrounding the “right to be forgotten” and Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act. In addition, Ariel has experience as a legal intern at The Washington Post.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- D.C. Bar, Courts, Lawyers, & the Administration of Justice; Litigation Communities, Member
- IAPP, Member
- Your Path to Success, Dreams For Kids D.C., Mentor
- Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, Washington, D.C., Ethics in Excellence and Journalism Legal Fellow, 2016 - 2017
- White House Office of Management & Budget, Washington, D.C., Legal Privacy Intern, 2016
- The Washington Post, Washington, D.C., Legal Intern, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, Washington, D.C., Hon. Rudolph Contreras, Judicial Intern, 2015
- Hon. Michael S. Nachmanoff, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2017 - 2018