Ann Marie Painter is a partner in the firm's Labor & Employment practice and has extensive experience counseling employers in technology, defense contracting, manufacturing, hospitality, retail and finance. Her counsel also includes providing strategic advice on executive and employment agreements, social media policies and use, and employment-focused policies supportive of successful corporate transitions and restructurings.
In her nationwide employment litigation practice, Ann Marie defends employers against the full range of individual, collective and class action employment-related claims. She has litigated numerous employment discrimination and retaliation claims, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and state wage and hour collective and class actions, and has achieved favorable outcomes for national and regional employers in ADR forums across the United States. When helping employers reduce their litigation vulnerabilities, Ann Marie provides practical and effective approaches to implementing or managing reductions in force, noncompete covenants, privacy policies, ADA accommodations, and wage and hour audits. Her experience includes protecting clients' interests before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and state workforce agencies, including the Texas Commission on Human Rights.
Recognized repeatedly as a leading lawyer by D Magazine and listed for several years by Chambers USA, Ann Marie is a frequent speaker and contributing author to various employment CLE programs and publications. She has co-chaired several committees of the American Bar Association Section of Litigation, including the Employment and Labor Relations Committee, and maintains an active profile in key professional and industry associations.
- Named by D Magazine as one of the Dallas 500, “The most influential leaders in North Texas,” 2018
- Listed in Chambers USA "America's Leading Lawyers for Employment," 2011 - 2017
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America 2015 - present: Employment Law - Management, Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Listed in Best Lawyers Business Edition 2016: Texas: Labor and Employment Law
- Consistently listed by D Magazine as one of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas”
- Named by D Magazine as one of the "Best Women Lawyers in Dallas," 2010
- Named by D Magazine as one of the "Best Lawyers in Dallas Under 40," 2006
- Listed in Texas Monthly as a "Super Lawyer," 2006, 2014 - 2017
- Named by Texas Monthly as one of the state's "Rising Stars," 2004 - 2005
- Law360, Employment Editorial Advisory Board, Member, 2014 - 2016
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation
- Task Force on Valuing Litigation, Member, 2010 - 2011
- Distance CLE Committee, Co-chair, 2009 - 2010
- Employment and Labor Relations Committee, Co-Chair, 2005 - 2008
- Dallas Bar Association, Employment Law Section, Member
- Texas Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section, Member
- International Association of Privacy Professionals, Member
- Texas Bar Association, Sustaining Fellow
- American Bar Association, Sustaining Fellow
- Family and Medical Leave Handbook, Editorial Board