Ann Nagele is a partner in the firm's Corporate practice and is based in the Seattle office. She focuses her practice on international trade matters and she also has experience with a wide variety of licensing and technology transactions.
Ann's international trade practice includes regularly advising clients on commercial (dual-use) and defense related export licensing, compliance and enforcement matters, U.S. trade sanctions, customs compliance and national security (eg, Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States [CFIUS]) reviews. She also assists with export control-related matters that arise in various transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and stock purchase agreements. Her international trade practice involves representing clients in matters before various U.S. government agencies, including the Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security, the State Department's Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, the Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control, the Committee of Foreign Investment in the United States, U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the Census Bureau's Foreign Trade Division.
Ann has also drafted and negotiated a wide variety of licensing and technology agreements, including software licenses, manufacturing and reseller agreements, consulting and services agreements, among others.
- Selected for “Rising Stars of Washington Law,” Washington Law & Politics, 2006
- Washington Council on International Trade, Advisory Board Member (alternate), 2012 - present
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Bar Association, International Law Section
- International Bar Association
- Customs and International Trade Bar Association
- Society for International Affairs
- InterConnection.org, Board Member, 2013 - present
- Northwest Immigrant Rights Project
- Asymetrix Corporation, Intellectual Property Paralegal, 1993 - 1995
- Law Offices of Seed and Berry LLP, International Trademark Paralegal, 1991 - 1993
Advocate General Philippe Léger, European Court of Justice of Luxembourg