Andrew Greene, chair of the firm’s nationally recognized Construction practice (ranked Tier 1 for Construction Law in U.S. News “Best Lawyers and Law Firms”), focuses his practice on construction and development law, including transactions and disputes. He also represents clients in complex contract and regulatory litigation.
Andrew has extensive experience assisting a broad group of public and private clients, including energy providers, universities, school districts, ports, hospitals, major corporations and private developers, with their construction and development-related legal needs. Andrew regularly drafts and negotiates construction (fixed price, cost-plus, GC/CM, CM at risk, EPC, design-build, and IPD), design, construction management and procurement agreements of all sizes (less than $100,000 to more than $500 million) and has worked on a diverse group of significant projects (everything from tidal energy in the Admiralty Inlet to legacy facilities on university campuses and major mixed-use projects to road construction in the South Sudan) throughout the United States and internationally, including in Asia, Africa, Canada and the Caribbean. Andrew's project experience includes office buildings (including several corporate headquarters), mixed-use, retail, manufacturing, agricultural, medical, schools, residential including student housing, parks, hotels, transportation (roads, light rail and tunnel) and energy (nuclear, natural gas, tidal and wind).
Andrew also helps clients resolve construction and development-related disputes through negotiation, alternate dispute resolution and trial practice. In the past several years, he has spent months in trial, trying cases in state and federal court and in arbitration. In addition, he regularly counsels clients on construction, procurement (including bid protest), prevailing wage, and public records issues.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Construction Law; Litigation - Construction, 2016 - present
- Listed in Super Lawyers Magazine, “Washington’s Super Lawyers,” 2013 - present
- Co-Recipient of Seattle Met "Light a Fire Award" (awarded to Perkins Coie team for "extraordinary pro bono contribution"), 2013
- Listed in Washington Law & Politics, “Rising Stars of Washington Law," 2012
- Kellogg School of Management Executive Leadership Program, Northwestern University, 2014
- Perkins Coie Construction Group, Chair
- Perkins Coie Hiring Committee, Former Seattle Chair
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- American Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- The Municipal League of King County, Former Trustee and Treasurer
- University of Washington Tyee Sports Council, Former Board Member
- Boys & Girls Club of King County, Former Big Brother Volunteer
- Washington State School Construction Alliance
- Legal Extern for The Hon. Susan Owens, Washington State Supreme Court, 2004