Amanda Tessar is a partner with the firm's Intellectual Property group whose practice focuses on patent infringement litigation and related claims. She has successfully represented leading technology companies in some of their most important and challenging intellectual property matters. Amanda has litigated complex, high-stakes patent cases around the country, including before a variety of federal district courts, the Federal Circuit, and the International Trade Commission. These cases have spanned a range of technical fields, including semiconductors and semiconductor packaging, GPS, cellular telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, chemistry, mechanical devices, and biotechnology. In addition, Amanda acts as a guardian ad litem, on a pro bono basis, for children affected by temporary protective order proceedings in the Denver County Court.
Immediately after law school, Amanda served as a law clerk for Justice (later Chief Justice) Michael L. Bender of the Colorado Supreme Court. Before that, she interned for Judge (later Chief Judge) Wiley Y. Daniel of the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado.
Amanda received her J.D. in 2001 from the University of Colorado School of Law, where she served on the University of Colorado Law Review and was elected to Order of the Coif. She graduated with honors from Grinnell College in 1997 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Chemistry.
Amanda is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and is admitted to practice law in the state and federal courts in Colorado, as well as before the Federal Circuit and in the Eastern District of Texas. She also serves on the Board of the Colorado IP Inn of Court.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2018: Litigation - Intellectual Property; Litigation - Patent
- Ranked in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Intellectual Property, 2017
- Named a "Colorado Super Lawyer," by Super Lawyers, 2013 - 2017
- Listed in Intellectual Asset Management Patent 1000, Litigation, 2012 - 2016
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, Denver, CO, Summer Associate, 2000; Associate Attorney, 2002 - 2011
- Judicial Extern to The Hon. Chief Judge Wiley Y. Daniel, U.S. District Court, Denver, CO, 2001
- University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, CO, Legal Research Assistant, 1999
The Hon. Chief Justice Michael Bender, Supreme Court of Colorado, 2001 - 2002